Lifetime Network aired the remake of Beaches this weekend – here’s my review in case you missed it. After the movie, Lifetime aired their after -party – best friends watching the movie together, and a chat with the stars. These were a few things you might not have known about the women who made this movie
5. Idina Menzel said “no” a few times before finally accepting the role. She loved the movie the way it was, and Bette Middler really defined the role – but realized through conversations that a generation of young women hadn’t watched the original.
4. Idina and Nia Long knew each other from The Best Man days where they used to hang with Taye Diggs, Idina’s ex husband (awkward!)
3. Idina had Bette Middler’s blessing on the remake:
2. There is original Menzel music in the movie – it’s highly enjoyable- from her new album – and it fits in very well into the storyline!
1. As a wedding/bar mitzvah singer, Idina sang The Wind Beneath My Wings every day for a few years between the late 80s and early 90s.